Aquila Thunderbrown 165U Ukulele Bass Strings Set of 4 for up to 21" scale uBasses
They are here! The bass ukulele string with the strange name on everyone's mind right now is the Thunder Brown. Having been in development for 2+ years these strings offer up some more tonal options to the standard 20 - 21'' scale ukulele bass market.
This new line of strings represents the next major innovation in bass string technology from Aquila. Improved feel and higher working tension more closely imitates wider varieties of bass playing whilst producing a tone closely resembling an upright double bass.
What Aquila say:
- Compared to all traditional elastomer strings suitable for bass ukuleles, Thunderbrown strings offers several advantages:
- They do not show the so called ‘sausaging effect‘ (strings pulled by hand change their diameter permanently)
- They are made from plant-derived bio-elastomers
- The metal added to the plastic blend in micronised copper form is minimal in the first string and maximal in the fourth string: this ensures perfect acoustic homogeneity of the set
- The strings guarantee perfect finger slide on the left hand
- The diameter is small enough to be comparable to standard wound strings of the acoustic bass guitars
- The sound is so powerful that they can be installed on instruments with traditional soundboard (i.e. not solid top) and played without amplification
- The string tension has been increased compared to that of our Thundergut, Thunderblack and Thundered strings